Thursday, October 22, 2009

Was Jeanne Louise Calment of Arles France who was born 21 February 1875 (14 years before the Eiffel Tower was opened) and died 4 August 1997 at the age of 122 years five months and 14 days..

Belong to the same two forms as their parents; but that a few seedlings belonging to the third form occasionally make their appearance; and this latter fact as Hildebrand remarks may be attributed to atavism. valtrex 500mg Knew a very decent girl who had worked at the Russian nursery school "Passy na Rousi" to which Dolly had gone four or five years ago. The girl's name was Anna Ivanovna Blagovo. Did I know Oksman the owner of the Russian bookshop on rue Cuvier? "Yes slightly. But I want to ask you--" "Well " she went on interrupting me "Annette sekretarstvovala for him while his regular typist was hospitalized but she is now quite well again and you might--" "That's fine " I said "but I want to ask you Berta Abramovna why did you accuse me of being an `unpredictable madman'? I can assure you that I am not in the habit of raping young women--" "Gospod' s vami golubchik! (What an idea my dear!)" exclaimed ! Mrs. Stepanov and proceeded to explain that she had been scolding her absentminded husband for sitting down on her new handbag when attending to the telephone. Although I did not believe one word of her version (too quick! too glib!) I pretended to accept it and promised to look up her bookseller. A few minutes later as I was about to open the window and strip in front of it (at moments of raw widowerhood a soft black night in the spring is the most soothing voyeuse imaginable) Berta Stepanov telephoned to say that the oxman (what a shiver my Iris derived from Dr. Moreau's island zoo--especially from such bits as the "screaming shape " still half-bandaged escaping out of the lab!) would be up till dawn in his shop among nightmare-inherited ledgers. She knew hey-hey (Russian chuckle) that I was a noctambule so perhaps I might like to stroll over to the Boyan Bookshop sans tarder without retardment vile term. I might indeed. After that jarring call I saw ! little to choose between the tossings of insomnia and a walk to rue Cuvier which leads to the Seine where according to police statistics an average of forty foreigners and God knows how many unfortunate natives drown yearly between wars. I have never experienced the least urge to commit suicide that silly waste of selfhood (a gem in any light). But I must admit that on that particular night on the fourth or fifth or fiftieth anniversary of my darling's death I must have looked pretty suspect in my black suit and dramatic muffler to an average policeman of the riparian department. And it is a particularly bad sign when a hatless person sobs as he walks being moved not by lines he might have composed himself but by. dw6daw53w35zxw3456dry444

No comments:

Post a Comment